In consideration of NZ Tractor Trek permitting the participant to take part in the 2016 New Zealand Tractor Trek, the participant agrees that
1. The participant has a comprehensive motor vehicle insurance policy or third party property damage insurance policy for the Trek vehicle, which provides adequate coverage including usage for the Trek event. Evidence of cover by way of a certificate of currency from the participant’s insurer to be provided noting the Trek.
2. This Indemnity operates according to its terms and shall not be read down nor shall the Indemnity or Disclaimer be affected or altered in any manner, term or condition.
3. The participants shall not make any claim or demand against NZ Tractor Trek 2018, any participant support crew, any landowner or any venue operator for any reason whatsoever in connection with the event, including (but not limited to) any claim or demand howsoever arising as a result of any action, default, omission or negligence of:
a. NZ Tractor Trek;
b. Any landowner over whose property the participants may travel whilst participating in the event, or in relation to or arising out of the event;
c. Any venue operator whose venue forms part of the event, or in relation to or arising out of the event and the participants releases these parties from any claim or demand that has arisen or may arise in the future in connection with the event.
4. The participants hereby indemnifies and shall keep indemnified New Zealand Tractor Trek, each participants venue operator from and against every claim or demand arising out of or in any way connected with any action, default omission, or negligence of the participant or any participants support crew brought by anyone, including any third party whether or not the third party takes part in or is otherwise connected with the event.
5. This Indemnity shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
6. The participant will pay all entry fees and other charges imposed by NZ Tractor Trek in respect of the event.
7. The Trek is planned to run from 12th February to 9th March 2018 or such other dates at the discretion of the Trek Organiser.
a. “Claim or Demands” means any claim, demand, action, proceeding, judgement, order, award of damages or costs of any nature whatsoever;
b. “Event” means a planned public or social occasion. Something that happens or is regarded as happening; an occurrence, especially one of some importance.
c. “Participant” includes the legal or personal representatives of the participants;
d. “Participant Support Crew” means and includes (but is not limited to) each person travelling with the participants in his vehicle and each person assisting the participant in any way including (but not limited to) a mechanic, a member of a mobile workshop team or supply team or any person acting in that capacity and their legal or personal representatives;
e. “Landowner” means and includes the owner, lessee or occupier of any land and any employee, agent or independent contractor of any such person;
f. “NZ Tractor Trek” means and includes the Great New Zealand Fundraising Tractor Trek and Te Ora Hau Trust and each of the current and former officers, members, employees, agents and independent contractors of NZ Tractor Trek or any of their Related Bodies Corporate any volunteer assisting any of the foregoing in connection with the event;
g. “Venue Operator” means and includes the owner, lessee or occupier of any hospitality and/or entertainment venue and any employee, agent or independent contractors of any such person or entity.